1. Make sure uniforms and equipment are legal. If not, notify the Head Coach. Do not confront the player.
2. Make sure players are not wearing jewelry.
3. Know what “3” point line you are playing in that contest.
4. Find your side lines, end lines, division line. ETC.
5. Make sure the cheerleaders are in their respectable areas.
6. Find the Score Board, Game Clock(s) and Shot Clock(s).
7. Observe who are the “3” point shooters.
8. Observe what type of basket is in the gym or arena. Is it rectangular or fan shaped.
9. Observe to see if there are Post Up players in Warm-ups. They are also candidates for post play, basket interference, goal-tending and good blocks at the basket and they are usually the players that you will see that are vertical or non-vertical in your game.
10. Make sure the teams are warming up at their proper baskets.
11. Look for legal and illegal moves by players.
12. Observe the lighting in the gym or arena.
13. Observe if you notice any soft or dead spots on the floor.
14. Make sure the bench areas are legal.
15. Observe for tendencies by teams. Do they hand check, does the team have energy and enthusiasm, ETC.
16. Find out who is the game administrator.
17. Locate where the athletic trainers are.
18. Notice if there is security at each of the floor.
19. Make sure the shot clock has a distinct horn from the game clock.
20. See if they are red lights or LED lights at the basket area.