1. Work on going from T-L and finding the last defender, or the defender that can hurt you the most.
2. Work on your clock awareness and substitution awareness.
3. Start to get familiar with the new rules and points of emphasis.
4. When going from T-C, think “Big Picture”, lift your eyes and officiate moving players.
5. Officiate defender to defender in the Lead Position.
6. Learn how to officiate in your primary and “throw strikes” in your secondary.
7. Master Definitions and Penalties.
8. Officiate the game correctly and not be lured into the trap, “Let them play its summer ball”.
9. Work every possession hard.
10. Officiate to the level of your experience.
11. Work on position adjustments in the T & C.
12. Work on rotating in the Lead Position.
13. Work on your basketball officiating IQ.
14. Have crisp signals and presentations to the table.
15. Learn how to manage and control a game.
16. As a Lead Official, work on your patience on drives to the basket.
17. Learn how to officiate “shot blockers” and above the ring play.
18. Recognize Match-Ups.
19. Be A+ on procedures, Jump Ball, Throw-Ins, Free Throws.
20. Work on Communication Skills with the Table, Players and Coaches.