1. When plays are going to the basket let them start/develop and finish.
2. On jump shots, see who jumps first, if the defender jumps first, they usually foul, if they jump second, they usually contest.
3. Master penalties, it will keep you out of trouble each game.
4. The PVAC this year are allowed to have different color of headbands and wrist bands and leg and arm sleeves. Just the PVAC.
5. In the Trail and Lead position, officiate with a “Big Picture Mentality.
6. In pre-game, go over fight scenarios and mechanics.
7. Keep a journal for every game.
8. We don’t require game reports, but start writing your own game reports. It will help you with rules, recall and being detailed oriented. In your game reports identify the key players, what did the offense and the defense do in the game, mention substitution patterns, mention the personality of the coaches, atypical plays etc. Remember this is not required , its for your personal development.
9. Challenge yourself if you can run a 8-10 minute mile. If you cannot, this is a great personal goal for fitness.
10. The season is around the corner, find a study group or create one.