1. Shall maintain control of the game through clock awareness, technical foul allocation, and call selectivity. This includes anticipating and matching game intensity.
2. Anticipates changes in game play intensity and responds accordingly.
3. Does not allow unethical behavior, insists on a level of respect for all involved.
4. Maintains an awareness of clocks, substitutions, time outs, penalties, and game conditions; recognizes likely reaction to potential rulings.
5. Uses technical fouls, intentional and flagrant fouls, and warnings as game control tools.
6. Has mastered procedures for administering the jump ball, throw-ins and free throws.
7. Immerses themselves in the board by watching games, studying video and being a “student of the game”.
8. Participates in pre and post game meetings with professionalism.
9. Prepares for games by mastering the rules and review of video.
10. Seeks advice from the Interpreter, Commissioner, Assistant Commissioner and Mentors. Strives for Excellence and not Perfection.