2. The trail must officiate as many players as possible in their primary area of coverage.
3. On drives to the basket, the trail must officiate where the Lead cannot.
4. On drives to the basket, the trail must protect the Lead’s Back side.
5. The trail is responsible for perimeter rebounding.
6. In “3” person the trail may assist on weak side rebounding.
7. When a player is in a triple threat position, the trail must officiate 70% offense and 30% defense.
8. When a player is driving to the basket, the trail must officiate 70% defense and 30% offense.
9. When a player is holding the ball, the trail must sequence feet, pivot, waist of the defender.
10. As a trail official, don’t overrun the ball when a team is running “sets”.
11. On jump shots, make sure you get underneath the play.
12. When going from L-T, find the demeanor of the defense.