2. On a jump shot, find the defender that can contest and officiate point of contact.
3. When a player catches the ball, sequence feet, pivot, release of dribble, if this is legal go to the hands of the defender.’
4. On drives to the basket, officiate the primary defender and have peripheral vision to officiate the offense.
5. On rebounding , the trail’ s responsibility is the perimeter and will assist with strong side and weak side.
6. Officiate where the Lead cannot.
7. Anticipate the angle on a pull up jump shot.
8. Protect the Lead’s back side.
9. Get into a staggered stance, so you can attack and retreat.
10. Be ready to officiate A-B contact on the Lead’s side.