1. Are you working every possession hard?
2. Do you know when a team is in the penalty or bonus.
3. Do you know what fouls do not count towards the bonus or penalty depending on the level you are working.
4. Do you know the AP Arrow when you are working amateur basketball games?
5. Do you have a plan for each game?
6. Do you keep a journal?
7. Do you clip “3” plays from each of your games and have a video case book?
8. Do you read “5” Case book plays every day in all the levels you work?
9. Have you made a Rule Difference Chart?
10. Are you “Attacking the Rule Book”, or are you reading the Rule Book? Attacking the Rule Book is researching the Rule and Case Book Scenarios. Attacking the Rule Book is to research where certain rules match in the rule book.
11. Are you helping others by example, or guiding those who are younger in their officiating careers?
12. Are you omitting your mistakes?
13. Are you praising someone every day?
14. Are you working on your leadership skills on and off the court?
15. Do you practice the motto “Game, Partners, Self”, Night in and night out.
1. Are you doing 100 pushups and sit ups every day. (Old School IAABO)- It helps your wind going from T-L.
2. Can you run an “8” minute mile?
3. Are you practicing your signals and movements on the floor?
4. Do you look poised and in control on the floor?
5. Do you push yourself when you are physically tired?
This is a plan you need to start now to get prepared for Grassroots. No Excuses?