2. Always know your shooter, especially after time outs. Off Official help with shooter and make mental note on who that is.
3. On double whistles, get good eye contact, go towards the play, do not charge the play, go towards it with poise. In Secondary defender scenarios going to the basket, let the Lead have 1st “crack” on this play. Practice this concept in your recreation games.
4. When reporting a foul to the table, have a cadence to the table.
5, Put the ball in the proper spots. There is a difference in the front court between MPSSAA and WCAC/IAC/MAC for fouls and violations.
6. Go over penalty situations in your pre-game.
7. Know the status of the ball at all times.
8. Know your clocks at all times.
9. Send any atypical plays for education to firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Show composure and poise.
If you do the following reminders, you will “run” the game and not “chase” the game.