2. A-1 attempts a “3” point shot and the ball touches the top of the back board and goes in. The trail official disallows the basket. Is this correct? Yes or No.
3. The player with the ball may not push the torso of the guard to gain an advantage to pass, shoot or dribble? T-F.
4. Player Control, Team Control and Technical Fouls are counted as team fouls to reach the bonus? T-F.
5. Closely guarded violations can only occur in the front court? T-F.
1. Yes- 5-9-4.
2. No- 7-1-2.
3. True- 4-7-2d.
5. True- 4-10, 9-10-1a.
1. Be ready for the unexpected.
2. If you partner misinterprets a Rule, it must be corrected.
3. On a push off scenario, if the contact causes the defender to lose balance it must be ruled a foul.
4. Be aware of the bonus.
5. When officiating closely guarded scenarios, officiate with driver’s eyes.