The official’s plan was the following:
1. Officiating match-ups on a dribble drive, to officiate these plays officiating 70% defense and 30 % offense.
2. Every time the whistle was blown to observe the clock.
3. When there was no pressure in the back court, to find the demeanor of the defense.
4. When there was no pressure in the back court, to glance at the game clock to make sure their “10” second count is accurate.
5. Getting staggered in the trail on rebound scenarios and put back scenarios. To avoid “bailing” out in the trail.
6. Sprinting from T-L when a rebound is secured and there is no pressure in the back court.
That was their plan for that day.
This is what all of us need to do for every game. This creates good habits.